Saturday 25 September 2021

Strictly Gone Bitching

Hello lovely readers,

After a great deal of consideration, Rad and I have decided that we won't be blogging Strictly Come Dancing this year. We've been writing these blogs for over a decade now and while we've had a great time doing it (and hopefully entertained some of you in the process), we've reached a point where we're not sure how much we have left to say about celebrities attempting to perform ballroom and latin dances. Plus, writing this blog is a fairly significant time commitment for both of us, and we're just finding it increasingly hard to fit it into our lives.

We'd like to thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for reading these blogs and giving us a reason to carry on for as long as we did. We'll still be watching the show and tweeting along, so those of you who still care what we think about the show are always welcome to follow us and interact with us on Twitter (and I can't speak for Rad, but most of my recaps over the last few years have just ended up being slightly longer versions of my tweets from during the live show anyway). [I'm rubbish on Twitter since I fucked up my arms but I'll do my best - Rad]

Thanks for being an incredibly loyal and supportive bunch - it really does mean a lot to us that people bothered to read our entirely unqualified thoughts on dancing every week for all this time.

Everything that Steve said is true from me, too. Plus I might be having a mild tantrum at Anton replacing Bruno. It's been a lot of fun doing these recaps and you guys have always been insightful and entertaining in the comments. Although I'm a bit sad not to be recapping this year, I won't miss Dragon mangling the names of all the new pro dancers, or trying to think of things to say about a boring Wednesday It Takes Two episode six weeks in.

*Brucie comes on to sweep us off the stage a la McFly*

Right, that's us then. 

And remember.... Keeeep [snarking at] Dancing!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

That's such a shame, I've been checking the page every day since the launch show to read your updates. To me, this blog is as much strictly as strictly itself so I'm really going to miss it.

Lollypants said...

Ah gutted, came here to check this straight away after catching up this morning! Thanks for all the laughs along the way will miss the blog and you guys x

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for all your hilarious comments over the years. I've loved this blog almost as much as the actual show. You've done such a wonderful job at entertaining us. I will miss you a lot.

phoebephoebo.Sydney said...

Ah shucks- I totally understand, but I'll miss this blog.

Best of luck in all your future endeavours xxx

F a t i m a said...

I'm disappointed, but understand perfectly. I've stopped watching It Takes Two altogether because it just got too samey. But I had been watching the main show anticipating the resulting Strictly Come Bitchery. Surely Anton's flimsy judgements, Sara's walking and pointing, Tess's little faces and Adam's glutes would not have gone unnoticed.
Perhaps just do a round-up at the end of the series. That way the blog will live on with you only having to do a fraction of the work.

Rad said...

We could possibly do an end of series wrap up potentially? I'll see how Steve feels but I'm not opposed to it.

God Anton was even worse than I anticipated, I think I'd resent having to watch that twice a week for recapping purposes. I hope he'll get off the 'all Latin is shit and me me me' horse eventually but... it's Anton

lougarry said...

Aww, will miss you guys! Thank you so much for all the work you’ve put into the recaps over the years - I’ve enjoyed them more than the shows!

Unknown said...

You have kept me amused over the years. Keeeeep bitching!!!!!!

Vicky C said...

Noooooooooooo...xxx

Unknown said...

Please come back this year :)

Unknown said...


Please come back, best bit of Strictly

F a t i m a said...

Still having Rad/Steven would/would not have liked that moments